What is Amazon Pay?
Amazon Pay is a service that lets you use the payment methods already associated with your Amazon account to make payments for goods or services on third-party websites. To make a payment, you can use any of the payment methods on file in your Amazon account. Beyond the button, shoppers can manage their payments using Amazon Pay on Amazon.co.uk.
How do I sign up?
Am I protected when I use Amazon Pay?
If there are ever unauthorised Amazon Pay charges in your personal account, you can dispute the charge with us. You must notify us as quickly as possible and no later than 13 months after the date of the transaction. Unless you've acted fraudulently or with negligence, you may not be held responsible for the charge. For more information, see Unauthorised charges.
When you use Amazon Pay for qualified purchases on third-party websites, the condition of the item that you buy and its timely delivery may be guaranteed under the Amazon Pay A-to-z Guarantee for Buyers. If you submit payment for a product or service and you don't receive the item or if it is materially different than advertised by the merchant, you can dispute the transaction and request reimbursement. For more information, see Buyer Dispute Programme and Transaction disputes.
Is my payment information shared with anyone?
We don’t share your full credit card, debit card, or bank account number with merchants or charitable organisations who accept Amazon Pay. However, we do share your full card or bank account number with payment processors to process the transaction on behalf of the merchant. Amazon Pay might share name, email, shipping address and phone number, billing address and phone number, and last 4 digits of your payment method used during checkout with the merchant to enable them to manage your order and delivery.
Because your Amazon Pay transactions are linked to your Amazon account, the changes you make on the Amazon website, automatically apply to Amazon Pay.
What payment methods can be used with Amazon Pay?
Any of the payment methods available in your Amazon account can be used with Amazon Pay.
Note Amazon gift cards entered into your Amazon account can't be used when making purchases with Amazon Pay on third-party websites.
What does it cost me to use Amazon Pay?
It costs you nothing. Using Amazon Pay adds no fees to your transaction with the merchant. Your purchase incurs no transaction fee, no membership fee, no currency conversion fee, no foreign transaction fee, and no other fees. Your card issuer, however, may add a foreign transaction fee if your card was issued in a country different from the merchant's, as well as any other fees described in the terms and conditions for your card.
How do I change my account information?
For more information, see Making changes to your Amazon account information for Amazon Pay.
How do I make a payment?
When you see that Amazon Pay is an accepted payment method for a product or service that you want to purchase, just click the Amazon Pay button during the checkout process, enter your Amazon credentials, and then choose your payment method.
For more information, see Using Amazon Pay.
Payments that you make using Amazon Pay appear on your card statement like this:
AMZ*[Seller Name] amzn.com/pmts
Can I ship my order to an Amazon Locker?
No, only purchases made directly on the Amazon website might ship to an Amazon Locker. Don't add the address of an Amazon Locker as a shipping address for your Amazon Pay purchases. Orders made with Amazon Pay can't be delivered to an Amazon Locker.
I think I just received a phishing email. What do I do?
If you've received an email that you know is a forgery or if you think you have been a victim of a phishing attack and you're concerned about your Amazon account, let us know right away by reporting a suspicious communication.
I'm having a problem with my account or with trying to complete a purchase using my account. What do I do?
We're sorry you're having a problem with Amazon Pay. Here are some things you can try:
- Verify that you're entering the email address and password that are associated with your Amazon account correctly when you're trying to complete a purchase.
- If you can enter your account email address and password, but you can't complete your purchase, check that your payment method is set up correctly. You can do so by following the steps listed in Making changes to your Amazon account information for Amazon Pay.
- If your payment method is set up correctly, check that you've updated your browser's settings to allow third-party cookies. If the option is turned on and you still can't complete your purchase, contact us.
- If you don’t have an Amazon account or can’t create one, contact Amazon customer service. For instructions on how to contact Amazon customer service when you aren’t signed in, go to Account & Login Issues, and then choose I do not have an Amazon Account but need assistance from the drop-down menu.
How can I get a refund for an order made with Amazon Pay?
The merchant will manage your refund, not Amazon Pay. For information about the refund process and timescales, you need to contact the merchant directly.
To request a refund of a payment that you made via Amazon Pay, contact the merchant by following the steps on Handling returns and refunds page.
If you have any difficulties contacting the merchant, if you don’t receive a reply from the merchant within 3 business days or are unable to come to an agreement, contact Amazon Pay buyer support.
I received a refund for an Amazon Pay transaction. How long does it take till I this refund is visible on my bank/card statement?
It usually takes 5-7 business days from the time the transfer is initiated till the funds are credited to your bank account.
Can I cancel an order I made with Amazon Pay?
After you’ve paid, Amazon Pay can’t cancel the order. If necessary, the merchant that you submitted the payment to can issue a refund to you.
If you contact a merchant directly about cancelling an order, take note of the following:
- Merchants might be able to make changes to an order if they have not yet shipped it, but some merchants begin processing orders almost as soon as they are placed. If you want to change or cancel your order, contact the merchant directly. If they have already processed a charge for the order, merchants can initiate refunds.
- Amazon Pay can’t cancel or change an order on your behalf and can’t refund you for purchases. If you email us for these reasons, we will ask you to contact the merchant, by which time they might have already shipped the item to you.
For more information, see Cancelling payments or orders.
Where can I see a record of my Amazon Pay orders or transactions?
To review your orders or transactions made with Amazon Pay, follow the steps below:
- Click Sign in on top of the page, and then click Check your Amazon Pay orders.
- Sign in with you Amazon credentials.
- On the Amazon Pay Activity page, find the corresponding order or transaction, and then click Details & Support.
Note On the Amazon Pay Activity page, you find all activities with merchants off Amazon where you’ve used Amazon Pay during checkout. To see your account activity with the Amazon website, see Your Orders.
For more information, see Viewing orders and transactions.