Editing payment methods
Because you use the payment methods associated with your Amazon account to use Amazon Pay for making payments, you can edit bank account, credit and debit card information on the Amazon website at any time.
Edit your payment method information
- On the Amazon website, sign in with your Amazon account.
- Click Account & Lists, then click Your Account, and then click Your Payments.
- To change name, expiration date or billing address, choose the corresponding payment method, and then click Edit.
- To confirm changes, click Save.
Remove or add a payment method
If the card expired or the card number changed, you need to remove the payment method from the wallet and add a new one to make payments.
- Choose the corresponding payment method, and then click Edit.
- Click Remove from wallet, and then click Confirm remove.
- To add a new payment method, click Add a payment method.
- Click Add a payment method, and then insert your payment method data.
- To save changes, click Add.
Manage backup payment methods
Backup payment methods can avoid delays with payments. If there's a problem with your payment, Amazon Pay will automatically try to charge a backup payment method from Your Payments for eligible products and services.
To manage your backup payment methods:
- Go to the Amazon website, sign in with your Amazon account.
- Click Account & Lists, then click Your Account, click Your Payments, then click Settings, and then click Manage back-up payment method.
- Update the selection button to your preference (enabled or disabled).
- Review and update the payment methods on file using the check boxes, making sure any methods you don't want used as backups are unchecked.
- Click Save.
The changes you make on the Amazon website, automatically apply to Amazon Pay.
Note: Updating a payment method in your account will not change the payment method on any open orders you've placed.