Acceptable Use Policy
Updated May 12, 2022
This Acceptable Use Policy lists items and activities that we prohibit because they may be illegal or inappropriate in connection with the use of our services. It applies to any person or entity using our payment service and any transactions that we are asked to process. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this policy. We may modify this policy at any time.
If we believe or suspect that any transaction violates this policy or is otherwise illegal or unsuitable, we may take any corrective action that we deem appropriate, including blocking the transaction, holding funds associated with a prohibited transaction, suspending or restricting the use of our service, terminating the accounts of violators, or any other corrective action. Please use the Contact Us page to report any violations of this policy.
Prohibited Items and Activities:
- Adult Oriented Products and Services - includes pornography (including child pornography), sexually explicit materials (in all media types such as Internet, phone, and printed materials), escort services, or prostitution services.
- Intoxicating liquor (except where the seller is properly licensed under applicable law) and home-made alcoholic beverages.
- Cash or cash equivalent instruments - including but not limited to money orders, travelers’ checks, stored value products (other than approved) like retail or open loop gift cards or electronic stored value redemption codes.
- Collection Agencies - includes businesses that are engaged in the collection of uncollectible debt or accounts receivable and billing companies.
- Credit Services - includes credit counseling, credit repair services, credit protection, and identity theft protection.
- Drugs - includes illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, cannabidiol (CBD) products, prescription drugs, mail order pharmacies, importation of pharmaceuticals from foreign countries, and prescription devices.
- Financial Intermediaries and Money Service Businesses - includes online auctions, Internet malls processing third party payments, credit card aggregators, offshore banking operations, debt financing, money transmitters, check cashing services, currency exchange and dealing, cash advance services, payday lending, escrow services, any service that receives and processes money on behalf of others, and any issuers, redeemers, and sellers of money orders, travelers checks, and stored value products (other than retail gift cards).
- Firearms and Weapons - includes ammunition, guns, rifles, shotguns, pistols, other firearms, knives (automatic, spring-loaded knives, throwing, etc.), brass knuckles, or other weapons.
- Gambling Businesses - includes online gambling (including poker), lotteries (including sale of lottery tickets), games of chance (including sweepstakes and raffles), sports forecasting, or odds-making.
- Healthcare Discount Plans - includes discount healthcare plans or membership programs.
- Illegal, Inappropriate or Offensive Items or Activities or products that are not safe (Must be CE marked) - includes any good or service that violates local, national, or international laws or regulations or that would be generally offensive to others. Examples include stolen goods, cable descramblers, materials that infringe other's intellectual property rights (including pirated software, recopied media, and counterfeit goods), human body parts, endangered species, items that defame or slander others, hate literature, occult materials, and any other items or activities that in our judgment are illegal, inappropriate or offensive in connection with our services.
- Products from restricted countries and regions: Amazon’s worldwide current business policy is to prohibit the sale of products originating, produced, or processed in the following countries or regions: North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea), Cuba, Syria, Iran, Region of Crimea, the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) and Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR). This includes those products that partially contain ingredients, materials, or inputs from restricted countries and regions. Note that this list may be amended due to commercial policy updates.
- Marketing Businesses - includes direct marketing, marketing subscription merchants, telemarketing, multi-level marketing, "up-sell" merchants, infomercial merchants, and rebate-based businesses.
- Membership Clubs - includes buyer clubs, membership clubs, and lifetime memberships or guarantees.
- Miracle Cure Products - includes cures, remedies or enhancement products, and other health/nutritional products offering guaranteed results.
- Money Making ("Get Rich") Businesses - includes information guides, warranty fees, mortgage reduction services, and any product or service where a prize is guaranteed, marketing media is unavailable, premiums/incentives are offered, promises of future guaranteed results are made, or any rebate or reward program.
- Telecom Services - unlicensed telecom providers are prohibited. Pre-paid top-up phone cards not sold and redeemed by the merchant providing the associated telecom service are prohibited.
- Regulated Activities - includes bail bonds services, security brokers, and bankruptcy attorneys.
- Cigarette substitutes - electronic cigarettes (including e-shisha and e-hooka cigarettes), herbal cigarettes and herbal smoking mix are prohibited if they contain tobacco or nicotine. Other nicotine-based products are prohibited unless approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) as aids to smoking cessation. Any tobacco-based product is prohibited.
- Ongoing Travel and Time Share Services - includes travel membership clubs, online marketplaces, time shares, and property management companies.
Restricted Items and Activities:
Certain items and activities require prior approval before the person or entity can register for using our payment services.
- Travel Services - includes agencies, tour operators, packages, airlines, cruise lines
- Telecom Services - licensed telecom providers
- Dating Services
- Donations and Charitable Solicitations - includes charities and non-profit organisations, charitable solicitations, commercial fundraisers (including commercial co-venturers), or any activity associated with the solicitation of donations
Please contact our sales team to request approval for using our payment services for the items and activities described above.